Since 1980s, IMHE has cooperated with more than 40 countries and regions, such as USA, Japan, USSR, German, Canada, Spain, and Venezuela. More than 80 joint projects, 20 training courses and conferences have been accomplished, including over 1,000 person-times of short-term visiting. In recent years, IMHE has hosted several international conferences, by which it has gained more and more concerns and reputation at home and abroad. By far an international cooperative channel has been built and more trials for further collaborations are under discussions.
International Academic Communication
International academic communication has become more frequently in various patterns, including international conference, workshop discussion, researcher/student exchange, and cooperative agreement, etc.
1. International Conference
IMHE has so far hosted the following International conferences:
1) 5th China mainland and Taiwan Mountain Hazards and Environmental Protection Academic Conference
2) 4th International Conference on Debris-Flow Hazards Mitigation: Mechanics, Prediction, and Assessment
3) 13th International Conference on Soil Micromorphology
4) China and Japan Eathquake Disaster Prevention and Mitigation Academic Conference
2. Cooperative Agreement
1) A cooperative agreement with Moscow State University on Glacier Debris Flow Alarm System
2) A cooperative agreement with Japan Society of Erosion Control Engineering, JSECE on Research on Earthquake Soil and Sand Hazards and Countermeasure.
3. Resercher and Student Exchange
3) The Third World Academy Scholarship Base was set up in IMHE in 2004, and in 2007, Ricardo Delgado Tellez from Sustainable Development Mountain Office of Nipe Sagua Baracoa Region, Cuba, become the first one to get the scholarship and join IMHE for two-year study.
4. International Appointment
1) Dr. Cui Peng is a consultant of journals of Landslides and International Journal of Sediment Research.