No. 9, Block 4, Renminnanlu Road, Chengdu, 610041, People’s Republic of China
| || |
Mechanism and mitigation of debris flow hazards; Failure mechanics of dammed lakes or moraine dams; Hydraulic engineering; Mechanics of sediment initiation and transport
1. Sichuan University, Chengdu, China
Doctor in Engineering - Hydraulic Engineering 2008-2011
2. Sichuan University, Chengdu, China
Master in Engineering - Hydraulic Engineering 2005-2008
3. Chang'an University, China
Bachelor in Hydrology and water resource 2001-2005
Employment Record (including international working experience )
Assistant Professor, Institute of Mountain Hazards and Environment, CAS, Chengdu, China. July 1, 2011-Dec. 1, 2015.
Associate Professor, Institute of Mountain Hazards and Environment, CAS, Chengdu, China. Dec. 1, 2015-Jan.1, 2019.
Young Professor, Institute of Mountain Hazards and Environment, CAS, Chengdu, China. Jan.1, 2019-present.
1. Sub-project under International Science & Technology Cooperation Program of China (No.2018YFE010010003), 3.25M RMB, Jan. 1, 2019-Dec. 31, 2021. (Principal Investigator)
2. National Natural Science Foundation of China( No.41771045), 0.7 M RMB, Jan. 1, 2018-Dec. 31, 2021. (Principal Investigator)
3. Sub-project under The Second Tibetan Plateau Scientific Expedition and Research, 3.00M RMB, Nov. 1, 2019-Oct. 30, 2024. (Principal Investigator)
4. The Youth Innovation Promotion Association ( No.20170425), 0.8 M RMB, Jan. 1, 2017-Dec. 31, 2020. (Principal Investigator)
5. Co-investigator of joint research project of the National Natural Science Foundation of China (Grant No.41520104002), (2.99M RMB). Research on Geo-hazards chain in the high mountainous area under the global climate change, Jan. 1, 2016-Dec. 31, 2020
Academic Society Activities
Member of International Association of Hydraulic Engineering and Research (IAHR)
Prize of Science and technology progress of Sichuan Province (First class, Ninth)
 Huayong Chen, Weilin Xu, Jun Deng, et al. Experimental Investigation of Pressure Load Exerted on a Downstream Dam by Dam-Break Flow. Journal of Hydraulic Engineering, 2014,140(2): 199-207.
 Huayong Chen, Peng Cui, Xiaoqing Chen, Xinhua Zhu. Laboratory experiments of water pressure loads acting on a downstream dam caused by ice avalanches [J]. Landslides, 2015, 12:1131-1138.
 Huayong Chen, Peng Cui, Gordon G. D. Zhou, Xing-hua Zhu, et al. Experimental Study of Debris Flow Caused by Domino Failures of Landslide Dams. International Journal of Sediment Research, 2014,29(3):1-9.
 Huayong Chen, Peng Cui, Jian-gang Chen, and Jin-bo Tang. Effects of spillway types on debris flow trajectory and scour behind a sabo dam. Journal of Mountain Sicence, 2016,13(2):203-212.
 Huayong Chen, Jin-feng Liu, and Wan-yu Zhao. Effects of Y-type spillway lateral contraction ratios on debris-flow patterns and scour features downriver of a check dam, Natural Hazards and Earth System Sciences,2016,16:1-10.
 Huayong Chen, Kaiheng Hu, Peng Cui, and Xiaoqing Chen.Investigation of vertical velocity distribution in debris flows by PIV measurement. Geomatics, Natural Hazards and Risk, 2017,16:1-12.
 Huayong Chen, Peng Cui, Xiao-Qing Chen, JinBo Tang. Study on the surge wave induced by glacier avalanche and its effects on dam failure process. International Journal of Erosion Control Engineering.
 Robin Neupane, Huayong Chen*, and Chunran Cao. Review of moraine dam failure mechanism. Geomatics, Natural Hazards and Risk. Geomatics, Natural Hazards and Risk, 2019, 10(1):1948-1966.
 Gordon G.D. Zhou, P. Cui, H.Y. Chen, X.H. Zhu, J.B. Tang, and Q.C. Sun. Experimental Study on Cascading Landslide Dam Failures by Upstream Flow. Landslides, 2013, 10(5): 633-643.
 Chen JG, Chen XQ, Chen H.Y. et al. Characteristics of viscous debris flow in a drainage channel with an energy dissipation structure. Journal of Mountain Science, 2015,12(5).