No. 9, Block 4, South Renmin Road, Chengdu 610041, People’s Republic of China
| || |
Landslides and related phenomena
2013.10-2016.09, D. Sc., Geophysics, Kyoto University, Japan
2009.09-2012.06, M. Eng., Geotechnical Engineering, Lanzhou University, China
2004.09-2008.06, B. Eng., Civil Engineering, Lanzhou University, China
Employment Record (including international working experience )
As of 2019.04, Professor (Institute of Mountain Hazards and Environment, Chinese Academy of Sciences)
2017.05-2019.03, Associate Professor (Institute of Mountain Hazards and Environment, Chinese Academy of Sciences)
2012.11-2013.09, Guest Research Associate (Research Center on Landslides, Disaster Prevention Research Institute, Kyoto University)
2019.01-2021.12, “Laboratory study on the characteristics of shear behavior and high frequency transient elastic strain energy during granular shearing”, National Natural Science Funds for Distinguished Young Scholar.
2018.01-2022.12, “Spatial Distribution of Physical and Mechanical Properties of Soil Mass and Occurrence Thresholds for Mountain Hazards in the Steep Slope Gradients, Eastern Qinghai-Tibetan Plateau”, the Major Program of National Natural Science Foundation of China.
2017.05-2021.12, “Experimental study on the landslide dynamics with emphasis on the shear behavior of granular materials”, CAS Pioneer Hundred Talents Program.
Academic Society Activities
Invited Reviewer for Geophysical Research Letters, Geotechnical Testing Journal
2016.05, The First Fellowship of Graduate School of Science Foundation, Kyoto University
2015.05, Student Outstanding Presentation Award, Annual Meeting of Japan Geoscience Union
1. Cui, Y. F, Jiang, Y.*, Guo, C. X., 2019, Investigation of the initiation of shallow failure in widely graded loose soil slopes considering interstitial flow and surface runoff. Landslides, 16(4): 815-828.
2. Wang, G. H.*, Jiang, Y., Chang, C. R., Doi, I., and Kamai, T., 2019, Volcaniclastic debris avalanche on Motomachi area of Izu-Oshima, Japan, triggered by severe storm: Phenomenon and mechanisms. Engineering Geology, 251: 24-36.
3. Hu Wu-long, Jiang, Y.*, Chen Dao-yi, et al., 2018, Impact of pore geometry and water saturation on gas effective diffusion coefficient in soil. Applied Sciences, 8(11): 2097.
4. Wang, G. H. and Jiang, Y.*, 2018. Commentary on “Experimental study on the moving characteristics of fine grains in wide grading unconsolidated soil under heavy rainfall” by CUI Yi-fei, ZHOU Xiao-jun and GUO Chao-xu. Journal of Mountain Science, 15(4): 918-920.
5. Schulz, W. H.*, Smith, J. B., Wang, G., Jiang, Y., and Roering, J. J., 2018. Clayey landslide initiation and acceleration strongly modulated by soil swelling. Geophysical Research Letters, 45(4): 1888-1896.
6. Jiang, Y.*, Wang, G. H., and Kamai, T., 2017. Acoustic emissions preceding the stress drops in locally sheared granular materials. Geophysical Research Letters, 44(6): 2782-2791.
7. Jiang, Y.*, Wang, G. H., and Kamai, T., 2017. Fast shear behavior of granular materials in ring-shear tests and implications for rapid landslides, Acta Geotechnica, 12(3):645-655.
8. Jiang, Y.*, Chen, W. W., Wang, G. H., Sun, G. P. and Zhang, F. Y., 2017. Influence of initial dry density and water content on the soil–water characteristic curve and suction stress of a reconstituted loess soil, Bulletin of Engineering Geology and the Environment, 76(3): 1085-1095.
9. Yin, Y. P., Xing, A. G.*, Wang, G. H., Feng, Z., Li, B. and Jiang, Y., 2017. Experimental and numerical investigations of a fluidized landslide in Zhenxiong, Yunnan, southwestern China. Landslides, 14(2): 649-659.
10. Jiang, Y.*, Wang, G. H., Kamai, T. and McSaveney, M. J., 2016. Effect of particle size and shear speed on frictional instability in sheared granular materials during large shear displacement, Engineering Geology, 210: 93-102.