No. 9, Block 4, Renminnanlu Road, Chengdu, 610041, People’s Republic of China
| || |
Alpine grasslands under climate change, plant community under climate warming in the permafrost region, shrubland encroachment in Tibet, plant species along elevational gradients.
2010.09-2012.03 College of Urban and Environmental Sciences, Peking University, P-Doc
2003.09-2008.06 Chengdu Institute of Biology, CAS, PhD
1999.09-2003.06 Northwest A & F University, Bachelor
Employment Record (including international working experience )
2018.05.11-5.27 Uni Research Climate, University of Bergen, Norway. Visiting researcher
2017.10-now Institute of Mountain Hazards and Environment, CAS. Professor
2016.11-2016.12 University of Bergen, Norway, Visiting researcher
2015.09-2015.11 Institute of Arctic and Alpine Research, visiting Katherine Suding
2013.12-2015.11 Colorado State University, Visiting faculty, Julia A. Klein
2012.01-2017.09 Institute of Mountain Hazards and Environment, CAS. Associate professor
2011.11-2011.12 Norwegian University of Life Sciences, Norway, Visiting researcher
2008.07-2011.12 Institute of Mountain Hazards and Environment, CAS. Assistant professor
(1) “A comparative study along high altitude and latitude on the response of biodiversity and ecosystem function of alpine grassland to three global change drivers and their interactions”. Sino-Norway collaborative international project funded by NSFC from 2019 to 2021.
(2) “Eco-hydrological process and its climatic effects” funded by CAS from 2018 to 2022.
(3) “The status, dynamics, and its early warning of ecology carrying capacity in the national park of “three river sources” area funded by CAS from 2019 to 2023.
(4) “The response and its mechanism of plant production to increased precipitation in winter and spring under warming at the permafrost region of the Tibetan Plateau” funded by NSFC from 2016 to 2019.
Academic Society Activities
2019.04 Three D Project Start-up meeting, Finse, Norway.
2017.08 “International workshop on Cryospheric Change and Sustainable Development” in Lanzhou, oral presentation.
2016.08 “Trait-course training” workshop in Chengdu, oral presentation.
2015.08 Mountain Forum in Chengdu, oral presentation.
2013.09 ITEX meeting in Switzerland, oral presentation.
2010.12 A3 annual meeting in Peking University, oral presentation.
(1) The first prize of Qinghai Provincial scientific and technological progress in 2013.
(2) The second prize of Sichuan Provincial scientific and technological progress in 2010.
(1) Vigdis Vandvik*, Aud H. Halbritter, Yan Yang*, et al. Brain J. Enquist*. 2020. Plant traits and vegetation data from climate warming experiments along an 1100 m elevation gradient in Gongga Mountains, China. Nature Scientific Data. 7: 189.
(2) Yang Yan, Julia A. Klein, Daniel E. Winkler, Ahui Peng, Brynne E. Lazarus, Matthew J. Germino, Katharine N. Suding, Jane Smith, Lara M. Kueppers*. 2020. Experimental Warming of Rocky Mountain Alpine Tundra Enhances Belowground Production and Shits Community Towards Resource Acquisition traits. Ecosphere. (in press).
(3) Peng Ahui, Klanderud Kari, Wang Genxu, Zhang Li, Xiao Yao, Yang Yan*. 2020. Plant Community Responses to Warming Modified by Soil Moisture in the Tibetan Plateau. Arctic, Antarctic, and Alpine Research. 52: 1, 60-69.
(4) Daniel E. Winkler, Kaitlin C. Lubetkin, Alyssa A. Carrell, Meredith D. Jabis, Yan Yang, Lara M. Kueppers. 2019. Responses of alpine plant communities to climate warming. Jacqueline E. Mohan ed. In “Ecosystem Consequences of Soil Warming: microbes, vegetation, fauna and soil biogeochemistry”. Academic press.
(5) Yan Yang, Aud H. Halbritter, Kari Klanderud, Richard J. Telford, Genxu Wang, Vigdis Vandvik. 2018. Transplants, Open top chambers（OTCs）and gradient studies ask different questions in climate change effects studies. Front. Plant Sci. 9: 1574.
(6) Yan Yang, Kelly A. Hopping, Genxu Wang, Ji Chen, Ahui Peng, Julia A. Klein. 2018. Permafrost and drought regulate vulnerability of Tibetan Plateau grasslands to warming. Ecosphere. 9(5): e02233.10.1002/ecs2.2233.
(7) Jonathan J. Henn, Vanessa Buzzard, Brain J. Enquist, Aud H. Halbritter, Kari Klanderud, Brain S. Maitner, Sean T. Michaletz, Christine P？tsch, Lorah Seltzer, Richard J. Telford, Yan Yang, Li Zhang, Vigdis Vandvik. 2018. Instraspecific trait variation and phenotypic platicity mediate alpine plant species response to climate change. Front. Plant Sci. 9: 1548.
(8) Haijun Cui, Joachim P. T？pper, Yan Yang, Vigdis Vandvik, Genxu Wang. 2018. Plastic population effects and conservative leaf traits in a reciprocal transplant experiment simulating climate warming in the Himalayas. Front. Plant Sci. 9: 1069.
(9) Zhang Tao, Wang Genxu, Yang Yan, Mao Tianxu, Chen Xiaopeng. 2015. Non-growing season soil CO2 flux and its contribution to annual soil CO2 emissions in two typical grasslands in the permafrost region of the Qinghai-Tibet Plateau. European Journal of Soil Biology. 71: 45-52.
(10) Yang Yan, Wang Genxu, Klanderud Kari, Wang Junfeng. 2015. Plant community responses to five years of simulated climate warming in an alpine fen of the Qinghai-Tibetan Plateau. Plant Ecology & Diversity.8:2, 211-218.
(11) Yang Yan, Wang Genxu, Shen Haihua, Yang Yang, Cui Haijun, Liu Qiao. 2014. Dynamics of carbon and nitrogen accumulation and C:N stoichiometry in a deciduous broadleaf forest of deglaciated terrain in the eastern Tibetan Plateau. Forest Ecology and Management 312: 10-18.
(12) Yang Yan, Wang Genxu*, Yang Liudong, GuoJianying. 2013. Effects of drought and warming on biomass, nutrient allocation, and oxidative stress in Abies fabri in eastern Tibetan Plateau. Journal of Plant Growth Regulation. 32: 298-306.
(13) Yang Yan, Wang Genxu, Yang Liudong, GuoJianying, Li Na. 2012. Physiological responses of Kobresia pygmaea to warming in Qinghai-Tibetan Plateau permafrost region. Acta Oecologica. 39: 109-116.
(14) Yang Yan, GuoJianying, Wang Genxu*, Yang Liudong, Yang Yang. 2012. Effects of drought and nitrogen addition on photosynthetic characteristics and resource allocation. New Forests. 43: 505-518.
(15) Yang Yan, Wang Genxu*, Klanderud Kari, Yang Liudong. 2011. Responses in leaf functional traits and resource allocation of a dominant alpine sedge (Kobresia pygmaea) to climate warming in the Qinghai-Tibetan Plateau permafrost region. Plant and Soil. 349: 377-387.
(16) Yang Yan, Liu Qing, Wang Genxu*. Physiological behaviors of Acer mono under drought and low light. Russian Journal of Plant Physiology. 58: 531-537.
(17) Li Na, Wang Genxu*, Yang Yan, GaoYongheng, Liu Guangsheng. 2011. Plant production, and carbon and nitrogen source pools, are strongly intensified by experimental warming in alpine ecosystems in the Qinghai-Tibet Plateau. Soil Biology & Biochemistry. 43: 942-953.
(18) GuoJianying, Yang Yan*, Wang Genxu, Yang Liudong, Sun Xiangyang. 2010. Ecophysiological responses of Abies fabri seedlings to drought stress and nitrogen supply. Physiologia Plantarum. 139: 335-347.
(19) Yang Yan, Liu Qing, Wang Genxu, Wang Xiaodan, GuoJianying. 2010. Germination, osmotic adjustment, and antioxidant enzyme activities of gibberellin-pretreated Picea asperata seeds under water stress. New Forests. 39: 231-243.