No. 9, Block 4, Renminnanlu Road, Chengdu, 610041, People’s Republic of China
| || |
Soil erosion; Soil and water conservation; Soil physics
His training started from Sichuan Agricultural University, including a B.Sc. degree in Soil Science (1982), an M.Sc. degree in Soil Physics from Chengdu Branch, Chinese Academy of Sciences (1986) and a Ph.D. degree in Soil Erosion (2002) from Chengdu University of Technology.
Employment Record (including international working experience )
He was promoted to Associate Professor in 1996 and Professor in 2001.
Current Research Interests: (1) Tillage erosion processes and impacts on soil biophysical processes in agricultural landscapes; (2) Soil-landscape processes and variability in relation to soil erosion by tillage; (3) Soil erosion, carbon erosion and carbon dynamics on agricultural land.
1. National Natural Science Foundation of China:
An opposing role of tillage between soil formation and soil erosion on the hillslope of purple soil
2. Sichuan Special Project of Major Science and Technology:
Technology and demonstration on vulnerable eco-systems due to major construction projects in West Sichuan barrier areas
Academic Society Activities
Scientific Editor, Journal of Mountain Science
2015 Zhu-Li-Yue-Hua Excellent Supervisor Award, Chinese Academy of Sciences.
2014 2nd prize for scientific and technologic progress (Award-granting department: Sichuan Provincial Government). Adsorption mechanism of heavy metals by macro-fungi and its application.
2009 Outstanding contribution award of the western China’s scholars, CAS-Wang Kuanchen
He has published more than 100 scholarly papers in international and domestic journals, including “Global Change Biology”, “Soil and Tillage Research”, “Soil and Tillage Research”, “Science of the Total Environment”, “European Journal of Soil Science”, “Soil Science Society of America Journal” etc.
Some of the representative papers are listed below:
1. Wang Y., Zhang Z.H., Zhang J.H., Liang X.L., Liu X., Wang G., 2021. Effect of surface rills on soil redistribution by tillage on a steep hillslope. Geomorphology. (in press).
2. Dai J.D., Zhang J.H., Zhang Z.H., Jia L.Z., Xu H.C., Wang Y., 2020. Effects of water discharge and slope gradient on runoff and sediment yield related to tillage erosion. Archives of Agronomy and Soil Science. 66. doi=10.1080/03650340.2020.1766676.
3. Xu H.C., Zhang J.H., Wei Y.H., Dai J.D. Wang Y., 2020. Bedrock erosion due to hoeing as tillage technique in a hilly agricultural landscape, SW China. Earth Surface Processes and Landforms. 45: 1418-1429.
4. Xu H.C., Jia L.Z., Zhang J.H., Zhang Z.H., Wei Y. H., 2019. Combined effects of tillage direction and slope gradient on soil translocation by hoeing. Catena. 175: 421-429.
5. Zhang J.H., Jia L.Z., Zhang Z.H., Wei Y.H., Wang Y., Su Z.A., 2018. Effect of the soil-implement contact area on soil translocation under hoeing tillage. Soil and Tillage Research. 183: 42-50.
6. Zhang J.H., Jia L.Z., Wang Y., Zhang Z.H., 2017. Tillage erosion effect on soil hydrological properties in a hilly landscape. Journal of Hydrologic Engineering. 22(9): 04017034-1-8.
7. Jia L.Z., Zhang J.H., Zhang Z.H., Wang Y., 2017. Assessment of gravelly soil redistribution caused by a two-tooth harrow in mountainous landscapes of the Yunnan-Guizhou Plateau, China. Soil and Tillage Research. 168: 11-19.
8. Wang Y., Zhang J.H., Zhang Z.H., Jia L.Z., 2016. Impact of tillage erosion on water erosion in a hilly landscape. Science of the Total Environment. 551-552: 522-532.
9. Nie X.J., Zhang J.H., Cheng J.X. Gao H., Guan Z.M., 2016. Effect of soil redistribution on various organic carbons in a water- and tillage-eroded soil. Soil and Tillage Research. 155: 1-8. Zhang J.H., Wang Y., Li F.C., 2015. Soil organic carbon and nitrogen losses due to soil erosion and cropping in a sloping terrace landscape. Soil Research. 53: 87-96.
10. Wang Y., Zhang J.H., Zhang Z.H., 2015. Influences of intensive tillage on water-stable aggregate distribution on a steep hillslope. Soil and Tillage Research. 151: 82-92.
11. Zhang J.H., Wang Y., Zhang Z.H., 2014. Effect of terrace forms on water and tillage erosion on a hilly landscape in the Yangtze River Basin, China. Geomorphology. 216: 114-124.
12. Wang Y., Zhang J.H., Li F.C., 2014. An investigation of soil quality under conservation tillage on steep lands using 137Cs. Journal of Soil and Water Conservation. 69 (5): 439-448.
13. Zhang J.H., Li F.C., Wang Y., Xiong D.H., 2014. Soil organic carbon stock and distribution in cultivated land converted to grassland in a subtropical region of China. Environmental Management. 53: 274-283.
14. Li F.C., Zhang J.H., Su Z.A., Fan H.Z., 2013. Simulation and 137Cs tracer show tillage erosion translocating soil organic carbon, phosphorus, and potassium. Journal of Plant Nutrition and Soil Science. 176: 647-654.
15. Zhang J.H., Li F.C., 2013. Soil redistribution and organic carbon accumulation under long-term (29 years) upslope tillage systems. Soil Use and Management. 29: 365-373.
16. Su Z.A., Zhang J.H., Qin F. C., Nie X. J., 2012. Landform change due to soil redistribution by intense tillage based on high-resolution DEMs. Geomorphology. 175-176: 190-198.
17. Zhang J.H., Ni S.J., Su Z.A., 2012. Dual roles of tillage erosion in lateral SOC movement in the landscape. European Journal of Soil Science. 63, 165-176.
18.Su Z.A., Zhang J.H., Qin F. C., Nie X. J., 2012. Landform change due to soil redistribution by intense tillage based on high-resolution DEMs. Geomorphology. 175-176, 190-198.
19. Zhang J.H., Tillage erosion. In Jan Glinski, Jozef Horabik, and Jerzy Lipiec (eds.), Encyclopedia of Agrophysics. 2011，pp. 906-909. Springer.
20. Zhang J.H., Li F.C., An appraisal of two tracer methods for estimating tillage erosion rates under hoeing tillage. Environmental Engineering and Management Journal. 2011, 10 (6), 825-829.
21. Su Z.A., Zhang J.H., Nie X. J., Effect of soil erosion on soil properties and crop yields on slopes in the Sichuan Basin, China. Pedosphere. 2010，20 (6), 736-746.
22. Zhang J.H., Su Z.A., Nie X. J., An investigation of soil translocation and erosion by conservation hoeing tillage on steep lands using a magnetic tracer. Soil Tillage and Research. 2009, 105, 177-183.
23. Zhang J.H., Nie X. J., and Su Z.A., Soil profile properties in relation to soil redistribution by intense tillage on a steep hillslope. Soil Science Society of America Journal. 2008, 72 (6): 1767-1773.
24. Ni S.J. and Zhang J.H., Variation of chemical properties as affected by soil erosion on hillslopes and terraces. European Journal of Soil Science. 2007, 58: 1285-1292. (Corresponding author).
25. Zhang J.H., Quine T.A., Ni S.J. and Ge F. L., Stocks and dynamics of SOC in relation to soil redistribution by water and tillage erosion. Global Change Biology. 2006，12: 1834-1841.
26. Zhang J.H., Liu S.Z. and Zhong X.H., Distribution of soil organic carbon and phosphorus on an eroded hillslope of the rangeland in the northern Tibet Plateau, China. European Journal of Soil Science. 2006，57: 365-371.
27. Zhang J.H., Frielinghaus M., Tian G. and Lobb D.A., Ridge and contour tillage effects on soil erosion from steep hillslopes in the Sichuan Basin, China. Journal of Soil and Water Conservation 2004, 59 (6): 277-283.
28. Zhang J.H., Lobb D.A., Li, Y., G.C. Liu., Assessment of tillage translocation and tillage erosion by hoeing on the steep land in hilly areas of Sichuan, China. Soil and Tillage Research. 2004, 75 (2): 99-107.