No. 9, Block 4, Renminnanlu Road, Chengdu, 610041, People’s Republic of China
| || |
Engineering Geology, Geotechnical Engineering
2003/5–2006/12: PhD (Geotechnical Engineering). Department of Civil and Structural Engineering, the Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong, China.
2000/09–2002/12: MEng (Geotechnical Engineering). Department of Civil Engineering, Xi’an Jiaotong University, Xi’an Shaanxi, China.
1996/9–2000/7: BEng (Structural Engineering). Department of Civil Engineering, Xi’an Jiaotong University, Xi’an Shaanxi, China.
Employment Record (including international working experience )
2020–present: Deputy Director General of the Institute of Mountain Hazards and Environment, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Chengdu, Sichuan 610041, P.R. China
2019-present: Deputy Director General of the China-Pakistan joint Research Center on Earth Sciences, Islamabad, Pakistan
2014–present: Deputy Director of the Key Laboratory of Mountain Hazards and Earth Surface Process, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Chengdu, Sichuan 610041, P.R. China
2012–present: Professor, Institute of Mountain Hazards and Environment, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Chengdu, Sichuan 610041, P.R. China
2008–2011: Research fellow, University of Wollongong, Wollongong, NSW, 2522, Australia
2007–2012: Associate professor, Xi’an University of Architecture and Technology, Xi’an, Shaanxi 710055, P. R. China
1.Principal Investigator of the International Partnership Program of Chinese Academy of Sciences: Risk assessment and mitigation measures of mountain hazards along the China-Nepal transportation corridor (3.50M RMB). Jan. 1, 2019 – DEC. 31, 2021
2. Principal Investigator of the Strategic Priority Research Program of the Chinese Academy of Sciences: Risk recognition and countermeasures for landslides and debris flows along “Belt & Road” corridors (17.22M RMB). Jan. 1, 2018 – DEC. 31, 2022
3. Principal Investigator of the NSFC-ICIMOD joint project: Mechanism for the formation and evolution of landslides in the south and east edges of Tibet plateau under the ecology-hydrology-rock and soil coupling effect (1.99M RMB). Jan. 1, 2018 – DEC. 31, 2020
4. Principal Investigator of the “Belt & Road” international research team of CAS: Mechanism and mitigation measures of mountain hazards (chain) (1.0M RMB). Jan. 1, 2018 – DEC. 31, 2020
5. Principal Investigator of the National Basic Research Program of China (973 Program) (Grant No. 2013CB733201), "Geological and mechanical behaviour and disaster modes of large landslides (4.95M RMB). Jan. 1, 2013 – Aug. 31, 2017
6. Principal Investigator of talents program of Chinese Academy of Sciences, The mechanism and hazard risk analysis of post-earthquake landslides triggered by rainfall (2.70M RMB). Oct. 1, 2013 – Sep. 31, 2016
7. Principal Investigator of the National Natural Science Foundation of China (Grant no. 51278397): Investigation on the mechanism and evaluation method of secondary landslide disasters following earthquake in loess plateau (0.80M RMB). Jan. 1, 2013– Dec. 31, 2016
Academic Society Activities
1. Editorial Member of the Journal of Civil and Environmental Engineering (in Chinese), 2018-2022
2. Member of the Professional Committee of Debris Flow & Landslides of Chinese Association on Soil & Water Conservation, 2017-2021
3. Member of the Professional Committee of Ground Surface Rock Mechanics of Chinese Association on Rock Mechanics and Engineering, since 2015
4. Editorial Member of the “Journal of Mountain Science” since 2013
5. Board member of the International Consortium on Landslides since 2013
1. Excellent Awards in Talents Program of Chinese Academy of Sciences
2. Youth Scientific Awards of Sichuan Province
3. Distinguished Contribution Team Award of Chinese Academy of Sciences
 Zhenyu Liu, Lijun Su*, Chonglei Zhang, Javed Iqbal, Bingli Hu, Zhibo Dong, Investigation of the dynamic process of the Xinmo landslide using the discrete element method, Computers and Geotechnics, Vol. 123, JUL 2020. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.compgeo.2020.103561.
 Siyou Xiao#, Lijun Su#, Yuanjun Jiang*, Xin Qu, Min Xu, Xiaobo Hu, Zhenyu Liu, Experimental investigation on the impact force of the dry granular flow against a flexible barrier, Landslides, 17-6: 1465-1483, JUN 2020.
 Xignqian Xu, Lijun Su*, Junzhe Liu, Wanhuan Zhou, Xin Qu, The relationship between crust-lithosphere structures and seismicity on the southeastern edge of the Tibetan Plateau, Tectonophysics, Vol. 776, FEB 5, 2019. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tecto.2019.228300.
 Xiao Si-You#, Su Li-Jun#, Jiang Yuan-Jun* and Liu Zhi-Xiang (2019). Numerical analysis of hard rock blasting unloading effects in high in situ stress fields. Bulletin of Engineering Geology and the Environment, 78: 867-875.
 Zhang, C., Jiang, G., Liu, X., Su, L.*, Centrifuge Modelling and Analysis of Ground Reaction of High-speed Railway Embankments over Medium Compressibility Ground, KSCE Journal of Civil Engineering, 22-12: 4826-4840, DEC 2018.
 Zhang Chong-lei, Guan-lu Jiang, Li-jun Su*, Wei-ming Liu, Dynamic behaviour of weathered red mudstone in Sichuan (China) under triaxial cyclic loading, Journal of Mountain Science, 15-8: 1789-1806, AUG 2018.
 Su Lijun, Sun Changning*, Yu Fangwei and Sarfraz Ali, Seismic stability analysis of slopes with pre-existing slip surfaces, Journal of Mountain Science, 15-6: 1331-1341, JUN 2018.
 Zhang Chong-lei, Guan-lu Jiang, Li-jun Su*, Wei-ming Liu and Gongdan Zhou (2018). Effect of dry density on the liquefaction behaviour of Quaternary silt. Journal of Mountain Science, 15 (7): 1597–1614.
 Li-Jun Su, Wan-Huan Zhou*, Wei-Bin Chen, Xixi Jie, Effects of relative roughness and mean particle size on the shear strength of sand-steel interface, Measurement, 112: 339-346, JUL 2018.
 Xiao Siyou, Liu Zhixiang, Jiang Yuanjun, Li Cheng, Sun Changning, Su Lijun*. (2018). Remote Pipeline Pumping Transportation of Cemented Tailings Backfill Slurry. Archieve of mining science, 63(3): 649-663.
 Su Li-jun, Hu Kai-heng, Zhang Wei-feng, Wang Jiao, Lei Yu, Zhang Chong-lei, Cui Peng*, Pasuto Alessandro and Zheng Quan-hong, Characteristics and triggering mechanism of Xinmo landslide on 24 June 2017 in Sichuan, China, Journal of Mountain Science, 14-9: 1689-1700, SEP 2017.
 Li-jun Su*, Xing-qian Xu, Xue-yu Genge, Shuang-qing Liang, An integrated geophysical approach for investigating hydro-geological characteristics of a debris landslide in the Wenchuan Earthquake Area, Engineering Geology, 219: 52-63, MAR 9, 2017.
 Xu Xing-qian, Su Li-jun*, Zhang Guang-da, Zhu Hong-hu, Analysis on shear wave velocity structure of a gravel landslide based on dual-source surface wave method, Landslides, 14-3: 1127-1137, JUN 2017.
 Xu X Q, Su L J*, Liu C, The spatial distribution characteristics of shallow fissures of a landslide in the Wenchuan earthquake area, Journal of Mountain Science, 35-21:1544-1557, SEP 2016.
 Li Xinpo*, Lijun Su, Yong Wu and Siming He (2015). Seismic Stability of Gravity Retaining Walls Under Combined Horizontal and Vertical Accelerations. Geotechnical and Geological Engineering, February 2015, 33(1): 161-166.
 Tie-hang Wang, Li-jun Su*, Ju-yun Zhai, A case study on diurnal and seasonal variation in pavement temperature, International Journal of Pavement Engineering, 15-5: 402-408, MAY 28, 2014.
 Anbazhagan, p.#, Su L. J. #, Indraratna, B., Rujikiatkamjorn, C., Model track studies on fouled ballast using ground penetrating radar and multichannel analysis of surface wave, Journal of Applied Geophysics, 74-4: 175-184, AUG 2011.
 Indraratna Buddhima*, Li-jun Su and Cholachat Rujikiatkamjorn (2011). A new parameter for classification and evaluation of railway ballast fouling. Canadian Geotechnical Journal, 48(2), 322-326.
 Li-Jun Su, Cholachat Rujikiatkamjorn, Buddhima Indraratna*, An Evaluation of Fouled Ballast in a Laboratory Model Track Using Ground Penetrating Radar, ASTM Geotechnical Testing Journal, 33-5: 343-350, SEP 2010.
 Li-Jun Su, Jian-Hua Yin*, Wan-Huan Zhou, Influences of Overburden Pressure and Soil Dilation on Soil Nail Pull-out Resistance, Computers and Geotechnics, 37-4: 555-564, JUN 2010.
 Jian-hua Yin*, Li-jun Su, Raymond W M CHEUNG, Yiu-Kay SHIU, Charles TANG, The Influence of Grouting Pressure on the Pullout Resistance of Soil Nails in Compacted Completely Decomposed Granite Fill, Géotechnique, 59-2: 103-113, MAR 2009.
 Su, L., Indraratna, B, and Rujikiatkamjorn, C. (2009). Rail track condition assessment using ground penetrating radar. AusRail 2009, Adelaide, Australia (17-19 Nov 2009) (in CD).
 Li-jun Su, Terence C. F. Chan, Jian-Hua Yin*, Herman Y. K. Shiu, S. L. Chiu, Influence of Overburden Pressure on Soil–Nail Pullout Resistance in a Compacted Fill, ASCE Journal of Geotechnical & Geoenvironmental Engineering, 134-9:1339-1347, SEP 2008.
 Li-jun Su, Terence C.F. Chan, Y.K. Shiu, Tony Cheung, Jian-hua Yin*, Influence of Degree of Saturation on Soil Nail Pull-out Resistance in Compacted Completely Decomposed Granite Fill, Canadian Geotechnical Journal, 44-11: 1314-1328, NOV 2007.
 Jian-hua Yin* and Li-jun Su. (2006). An innovative laboratory box for testing nail pull-out resistance in soil. ASTM Geotechnical Testing Journal, 29(6), pp. 451-461.
 Su L.J., J.H.Yin, L.M. Chu and W.H. Zhou. (2006). Physical modeling of soil nail in a soil slope using an innovative laboratory pull-out box. 6th International Conference on Physical Modelling in Geotechnics, 2006, Hong Kong, pp. 571-576.
 L. Su, J.-H. Yin, L.-M. Chu. (2005). Laboratory pullout testing on soil nails. The 11th international conference of IACMAG, 2005, Italy, pp. 389-396.
 Hong-jian Liao*, Li-jun Su, Wu-chuan Pu, Jian-hua Yin. (2003). Test and Numerical Analysis of the Constitutive Relation of a Diatomaceous Soft Rock. Marine Georesources and Geotechnology, 2003.12, Vol. 21, pp. 183-200.