No. 9, Block 4, Renminnanlu Road, Chengdu, 610041, People’s Republic of China
| || |
Soil erosion, Soil-water conservation, Watershed management
1.Ph.D, Soil Science, 1993-1998: Institute of Soil and Water Conservation (ISWC), Chinese Academy of Science (CAS), Yangling, Shaanxi Province, China.
2. Master, Soil Science, 1990-1993: ISWC, CAS, Yangling, Shaanxi Province, China.
3. Bachelor, Geology, 1986-1990: Northwestern University, Xi’an, Shaanxi Province.
Employment Record (including international working experience )
2003.4-present Prof., Institute of Mountain Hazards and Environment, CAS, Chengdu
2018.4: Visiting Scholar, Basel University, Switzerland
2016.8: Visiting Scholar, UBC, CANADA
2015.11: Visiting Scholar, Rothamsted Research, UK
2014.9: Visiting Scholar, Moscow University, Russia
2005.12-2006.2: Visiting Scholar, Sedimentation Lab. USA
2004.1-2: Visiting Scholar, Exeter University, UK
2003.7-9: Visiting Scholar, Montclair University, USA
2008-2012: Vice governor of Zhong County, Chongqing municipality
1998.9-2003.3 Associate Prof., Institute of Soil and Water Conservation, CAS, Yangling
2002.6-9: Visiting Scholar, Gent University, Belgium
2000.1-2001.3: Postdoctoral Fellow of the British Royal Society, University of Wales Swansea, UK
1993.9-1998.9 Assist. Institute of Soil and Water Conservation, CAS, Yangling
1. Soil structure and shear strength in response to wetting-drying cycles at the Riparian Zone of the Three-gorge Reservoir. NSFC. Leader
2. Amelioration of slope farmland and non-point pollution control in TGR region. National Key Technology R&D Program, the Ministry of Science and Technology. Leader
3. Soil-water conservation and non-point pollutant reduction techniques in the Three-gorge Reservoir area. West-Developing Initiative, CAS. Leader
4. Soil-water conservation planning along the Highway from Xichong to Shangri-la. Liangshan Highway Construction Corporation. Leader
Academic Society Activities
1. Member of the Editorial Advisory Board: Agriculture, Ecosystem and Environment
2. Member of the Editorial Board: Journal of Soil and Water Conservation
3. Vice Chair of soil geography committee of Chinese Society of Soil Science
4. Standing Member of prevention committee of Chinese Society of Soil-water Conservation
5. Member (6731) of International Association of Hydrological Sciences
1. 'Pioneer for migration settlement in TGR’ from the State Council (2012)
2. 'Outstanding researcher award' from CAS (2010)
3. 'Scholarship for young scientists' from the KC Wong Foundation (HK)(2002)
4. 'Excellent Prize of the President Scholarship' from CAS (1998)
5. 'Award for outstanding young scientists' by Yu Hongzheng Foundation (1998)
6. 'The First Award of excellent presentations of Ph.D. students’ by CAS (1997)
7. 'Award for young scientists' by Fang Shuqian Foundation (1996)
1. Xiubin He, Mingfeng Wang, Qiang Tang, Yuhai Bao, Jinlin Li, Dil Khurram. Decadal loss of paddy fields driven by cumulative human activities in the Three Gorges Reservoir area, China. Land Degrad Dev. 2020, 31:1990-2002.
2.Qiang Tang, Bojie Fu, Anbang Wen, Xinbao Zhang, Xiubin He *, Adrian Collins *. Fingerprinting the sources of water-mobilized sediment threatening agricultural and water resource sustainability: Progress, challenges and prospects in China. SCIENCE CHINA Earth Sciences. 2019, Vol.62 No.12: 2017-2030.
3.Shu-juan Zhang, Qiang Tang, Yu-hai Bao, Xiubin He *, Feng-xia Tian, Fa-you Lv, Ming-feng Wang. Effects of seasonal water-level fluctuation on soil pore structure in the Three Gorges Reservoir, China. Journal of Mountain Science, 2018, 15(10): 2192-2206.
4. Qiang Tang, Bojie Fu, Anbang Wen, Xiubin He *, Yuhai Bao. Developing a sustainable strategy to conserve reservoir marginal landscapes. National Science Review, 2018, 5(1):10-14.
5. Yuhai Bao, Xiubin He, Anbang Wen, Peng Gao, Qiang Tang, Dongchun Yan, Yi Long. Dynamic changes of soil erosion in a typical disturbance zone of China's Three Gorges Reservoir. Catena, 2018, 169:128-139.
6.Raheel Anjum, Jinzhang Gao, Qiang Tang, Xiubin He *, et al. Linking sedimentary total organic carbon to 210Pbex chronology from Changshou Lake in the Three Gorges Reservoir Region, China. Chemosphere, 2017.174: 243-252.
7. Qiang Tang, Yuhai Bao, Xiubin He *, Fu Bojie, et al. Flow regulation manipulates contemporary seasonal sedimentary dynamics in the reservoir fluctuation zone of the Three Gorges Reservoir, China. Science of the Total Environment, 2016. 548-549: 410-420.
8. Yuhai Bao, Peng Gao, Xiubin He. The water-level fluctuation zone of Three Gorges Reservoir — A unique geomorphological unit. Earth-Science Reviews, 2015.150: 14-24.
9. Qiang Tang, Xiubin He *, et al. Sedimentation and associated heavy metals enrichment in the riparian zone of the Three Gorges Reservoir, China. Science of the Total Environment, 2014. 479: 258-266.
10. Xiubin He, Yibei Xu, Xinbao Zhang. Traditional farming system for soil conservation on slope farmland in southwestern China, Soil and Tillage Research, 2007. 94(1): 193-200.