No. 9, Block 4, Renminnanlu Road, Chengdu, 610041, People’s Republic of China
| || |
Mountain hazards mitigation
2002.9-2006.6 Southwest Jiaotong University, geotechnical engineering, Doctor of Engineering
1999.9-2002.6 Southwest Jiaotong University, disaster prevention and mitigation engineering, Master of Engineering
1993.9-1997.6 Zhejiang University, Earth Sciences, Bachelor of Science
Employment Record (including international working experience )
2010.12-Current Institute of Mountain Hazards and Environment, Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS), Prof.
2007.01-2010.11 Institute of Mountain Hazards and Environment, CAS, Associate Prof.
2002.02-2006.12 Institute of Mountain Hazards and Environment, CAS, Assistant Prof.
1. Debris-flow hazard mitigation in mountainous area, China, Natural Science Foundation of China (No. 41925030), Execution time: 2020.1-2024.12.
2. The formation, failure mechanism and dam-breaking flood risk of dammed lakes in the alpine regions of southwest China, Natural Science Foundation of China (No. U19A2049), Execution time: 2020.1-2023.12.
3. Disaster-causing mechanism of dynamic coupling inside and outside the plateau canyon, Natural Science Foundation of China (No. 41941017), Execution time: 2020.1-2023.12.
4. Comprehensive Investigation and Evaluation of Natural Disasters in China-Pakistan Economic Corridor, The Ministry of Science and Technology Basic Resources Survey Project (No. 2018FY100506), Execution time: 2019.1-2021.12.
5. Impact of Eco-hydrological Process on the Feedback Mechanism and Risk Regulation of Mountain Hazards in the Steep Terrain Regions, Eastern Qinghai-Tibetan Plateau, Natural Science Foundation of China (No. 41790434), Execution time: 2018.1-2022.12.
Academic Society Activities
1. Vice-Director General of the Institute of Mountain Hazards and Environment, CAS.
2. The director of the Key Laboratory of Mountain Hazards and Earth Surface Process, CAS.
3. The Board Member of Chinese Society of Soil and Water Conservation, and Deputy Secretary General of Geographical Society of China.
4. National Science Fund for Distinguished Young Scholars, in 2019
1. Second-prize winner of National Science and Technology Progress, 2009.
2. First-prize winner of Science and Technology Progress of Sichuan Province, 2019.
3. First-prize winner of Science and Technology Progress of Sichuan Province, 2013.
4. First-prize winner of Science and Technology Progress of Sichuan Province, 2006
5. First-prize winner of Science and Technology Progress of Sichuan Province, 2003.
6. The K.C. Wong Western Scholar Award of Chinese Academy of Sciences in 2012.
 Chen JG, Wang DZ, Zhao WY, Chen HY, Wang T, Nepal N, Chen, XQ*. (2020) Laboratory study on the characteristics of large wood and debris flow processes at slit-check dams. Landslides, 17:1703-1711.
 Gong XL , Chen KT , Chen XQ*, et al. (2020) Characteristics of a Debris Flow Disaster and Its Mitigation Countermeasures in Zechawa Gully, Jiuzhaigou Valley, China. Water.
 Chen KT, Chen XQ*, Hu GS, et al. (2019) Effects of river flow velocity on the formation of landslide dams. Journal of Mountain science.
 Chen XQ, Chen JG, Cui P, et al. (2018) Assessment of prospective hazards resulting from the 2017 earthquake at the world heritage site Jiuzhaigou Valley, Sichuan, China. Journal of Mountain Science 15(4).
 Chen XQ, Cui P, You Y, et al. (2017) Dam-break risk analysis of the Attabad landslide dam in Pakistan and emergency countermeasures. Landslides, 14(2):1-9.
 Chen XQ, Chen JG, Zhao WY, et al. (2017) Characteristics of a Debris-Flow Drainage Channel with a Step-Pool Configuration. Journal of Hydraulic Engineering.
 Chen XQ, Cui P, You Y, et al. (2015) Engineering measures for debris flow hazard mitigation in the Wenchuan earthquake area. Engineering Geology, 194.
 Chen X.Q., Cui P., Li Y., Zhao WY. (2011) Emergency response to the Tangjiashan Landslide-dammed lake resulting from the 2008 Wenchuan Earthquake, China. Landslide, (8):91-98.
 Chen XQ, Cui P, Li Y, et al. (2007) Changes in glacial lakes and glaciers of post-1986 in the Poiqu River basin, Nyalam, Xizang (Tibet). Geomorphology, 88(3-4):298-311.
 Zhao, WY; Chen, XQ*; You, Y et al. (2015) Dam-break characteristics of landslide dams with different types of open channel discharge sections. Environmental Earth Sciences,74(6): 5331-5340.
 Xiaoqing Chen, et al. 2017. Debris flow drainage channel with step-pool structure and its applications. US 9 834 898 B2.
 Xiaoqing Chen, et al. 2019. Method for planning and designing debris flow drainage channels and applications thereof. US 10 202 731 B2.
 Peng Cui, Xiaoqing Chen et al. 2013. Debris-flow prevention method by controlling debris flow magnitude and avoiding to block main river. US 8517633B2.
 Jiangang Chen, Xiaoqing Chen, et al. 2019. Methods of designing box-type energy-dissipating section of box-type energy-dissipating mudflow diversion flume, and application. US10329726B2.
 Jiangang Chen, Xiaoqing Chen, et al. 2020. Asymmetric debris flow drainage channel and design method and application thereof. US10738429B2.